It’s well known that the Daggubati brothers, Suresh Babu and Venkatesh, completed their university education in the US before they forayed into Tollywood. In a latest interaction with a popular English daily, Suresh Babu revealed how he and his brother Venky entered films and the struggles.
Suresh Babu revealed that after his factory Spartek Ceramics failed to takeoff, he began assisting his fatherD Ramanaidu in film production when they were making Devatha with Shobhan Babu, Sridevi and Jaya Prada in 1982.
Talking about Venky’s acting debut, Suresh Babu revealed that they had initially planned Kaliyuga Pandavulu with hero Krishna in 1986. However the Superstar wanted Ramanaidu to co-produce the film with ASR Anjaneyulu. Both Ramanaidu and director K Raghavendra Rao didn’t agree to this and that’s when they decided to introduce Venky as a hero. The film was a big hit and the rest is history.
Articles that might interest you:
- Solid new poster of Sanjay Dutt as Adheera from KGF 2 out now
- Twists and turns to engage the audience in Timmarusu
- Maha Samudram’s promotions to kick-start with an intense video
- Radhe Shyam’s big update on the way
- Mallesham filmmaker teams up with Anurag Kashyap for ‘Paka’
- Makers of Tuck Jagadish waiting for the right opportunity