It’s well known that the Daggubati brothers, Suresh Babu and Venkatesh, completed their university education in the US before they forayed into Tollywood. In a latest interaction with a popular English daily, Suresh Babu revealed how he and his brother Venky entered films and the struggles.
Suresh Babu revealed that after his factory Spartek Ceramics failed to takeoff, he began assisting his fatherD Ramanaidu in film production when they were making Devatha with Shobhan Babu, Sridevi and Jaya Prada in 1982.
Talking about Venky’s acting debut, Suresh Babu revealed that they had initially planned Kaliyuga Pandavulu with hero Krishna in 1986. However the Superstar wanted Ramanaidu to co-produce the film with ASR Anjaneyulu. Both Ramanaidu and director K Raghavendra Rao didn’t agree to this and that’s when they decided to introduce Venky as a hero. The film was a big hit and the rest is history.
Articles that might interest you:
- RRR: Rajamouli thanks USA audience
- All eyes on Prabhas’ Adipurush teaser
- OTT Review : Plan A Plan B – Telugu film on Netflix
- OTT Review : Reyiki Veyi Kallu – Telugu movie on Aha
- Salman Khan – I have no hesitancy about doing south films
- Vikram Vedha – Tough times ahead