Getting an opportunity to act in a Mani Ratnam film is a dream for many actors across the country. Two actor brothers in Tamil have had that rare opportunity. The star duo is none other than Suriya and Karthi.
In 2003, Suriya starred in Mani Ratnam’s Yuva. Incidentally, his brother Karthi’s first brush with films was through Yuva, in which he worked as an Assistant Director to Mani Ratnam. 13 years later, Karthi is acting in Mani’s just launched romantic drama, Kaatru Veliyidai.
Yesterday, the film’s first look poster was unveiled and expressing his happiness over his doting brother’s achievement, Suriya tweeted, “My brothers dream film I can say! As an Asst to Mani sir in 2003,as a hero now!so looking forward!!#KaatruVeliyidai”. That’s some brotherly love indeed!
— Suriya Sivakumar (@Suriya_offl) July 7, 2016
Articles that might interest you:
- Balayya’s heroine debuts in Bollywood
- Sarileru Neekevvaru’s teaser out on this date?
- Rashmika opens up about her insecurities
- Bollywood debut on the cards for this star heroine?
- Darbar audio album to be out on this date?
- This is Namrata and Mahesh’s parenting strategy