Popular Tamil film star Suriya has approached the Cyber Crime Cell in Chennai and filed a complaint on the Facebook page created on his name. Yesterday, thousands of Suriya fans started liking the Facebook page created by an impersonator in the guise of Suriya. The man even tricked the Facebook authorities and got the page verified. On being tipped about the news, Suriya immediately approached the cops and requested them to take the page down.
This is nothing new to popular celebrities to find themselves on social networking sites without their initiative. Recently, Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan also approached the cops against a person who created a mail account and exchanged obscene emails.
An official press note has been issued by Suriya’s PR team which stated that the actor has no accounts on Facebook or Twitter. Currently, Suriya is busy shooting for director Venkat Prabhu’s ‘Masss’ in Studio Green’s production.
- Mr Majnu director’s next with star hero?
- Superstar lends support to a fundraiser in New York
- Sai Pallavi-Sharwa’s Padi Padi Leche Manasu nears completion
- Sunny Leone turns down offer to be part of Game Of Thrones
- Sundeep Kishan bags a key role in Raj-Dk’s next