Kollywood star Suriya’s Soorarai Pottru (Aakaasam Nee Hadduraa in Telugu), a semi-biopic loosely based on Air Deccan chief Captain Gopinath, is all set to go to Bollywood. Suriya himself will be remaking the Hindi version and Sudha Kongara, the director who helmed the Tamil original, will also direct the Hindi remake.
Soorarai Pottru skipped its theatrical release due to the lockdown and had a direct digital premiere on Amazon Prime Video earlier this year. Also starring the talented Aparna Balamurali and Mohan Babu in key roles, the film garnered critical acclaim for its lead actors’ performances and an inspiring story.
Popular actress and Suriya’s wife Jyothika and Rajsekar Pandian’s 2D Entertainment will bankroll Soorarai Pottru’s Hindi version in association with Abundantia Entertainment. More details about the project will be announced soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Tamannah reveals how Baahubali helped her career
- Puri Jagannadh – There would be honesty in Vijay Deverakonda’s acting
- Prabhas’ latest stylish looks go viral
- Pelli SandaD actress grooves to Nithiin’s hit song
- Enormous number of screens increased for Karthikeya 2’s Hindi version
- UP government gives special honor to this recent hit film