Soon after Suriya’s upcoming sci-fi thriller, ‘24’, was launched day before yesterday, the film immediately ran into a legal problem. Popular Bollywood star Anil Kapoor’s legal advisers Naik & Naik Company has sent a legal notice to Suriya’s production house 2D Entertainment over the alleged copying of the title and the logo design of Anil Kapoor’s hit Hindi series ‘24’.
Anil Kapoor purchased the remake rights of popular English TV series, ‘24’, and remade it on Colors TV Channel last year. The film had a successful 1st season and Anil has been toying with the idea of commencing the second season soon. Alleging that Suriya’s ‘24’ is a copyright infringement, Anil sent him a notice and hoped that the matter will be resolved amicably.
‘24’ is being directed by Vikram Kumar of ‘Manam’ fame and has Samantha playing the female lead. AR Rahman composes the music. More cast and crew details of the film are awaited.
- F2, VVR & NTR Kathanayakudu’s latest Krishna collections
- Yatra completes censor; Gears up for Feb 8th release
- Super Star’s daughter to marry in February
- Will not marry a film industry man, says Kajal
- Nagarjuna to shoot two sequels simultaneously?