After the lackluster performance of Suriya’s recent film, Bandobast, at the box-office, there’s a lot at stake for him with his next film, Soorarai Pottru. Directed by Sudha Kongara, the film is said to be based on the life of Captain Gopinath, and how he went on to start India’s first low-cost airline, Deccan Airways, despite several obstacles in his life and career.
Although the film’s shoot was wrapped up a while ago, the makers have now reportedly changed their minds about the film’s release date. Initially, it was supposed to hit the screens in the Christmas week; however, the latest buzz is that the film will only release in summer next year. While Suriya has already started dubbing for the film, reports suggest that Sudha wanted more time for post-production. A formal announcement is expected to be made soon.
Meanwhile, all eyes are on Suriya’s next film with Hari, which could go on floors soon. The duo had earlier collaborated for Singham franchise; however, their latest film is said to be a different subject.
Articles that might interest you:
- Akshay Kumar makes a solid donation once again
- Gang Leader girl replaces Anupama Parameswaran?
- After actresses, NCB to now issue summons to Bollywood heroes?
- Anchor Pradeep’s wedding with politician’s daughter becomes a hot topic
- Sarkaru Vaari Paata team to wrap up 45 percent shoot in 45 days
- I don’t smoke and take drugs says Rakul Preet