The much-awaited biopic of the year, Mahanati has finally hit the big screens today. The USA premieres were screened yesterday and it would only be fair to say that the movie got off to a flying start in the overseas.
The curiosity factor around Savitri’s lifestyle and the ensemble star cast have built up a lot of expectations on the movie. Reportedly, the movie made around $303k from the premieres itself. This is really a massive number for a mid-range movie say trade experts.
The interesting news is that Allu Arjun’s latest movie, Naa Peru Surya made $207k from the premieres. This makes it clear that Mahanati scored the brownie points over Allu Arjun’s Naa Peru Surya.
The movie released on a massive note in India as well. Directed by Nag Ashwin, this film has Keerthy Suresh as the female lead.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Aame – Amala Paul’s brave act
- Raashi opens up about her role in Venky Mama
- Jigarthanda’s Hindi remake to go on floors soon
- Oh! Baby’s DP Richard Prasad reveals how he missed out on NTR’s NKP
- Jersey star makes interesting comments about #MeToo movement
- Massive lady fans of Vijay Devarakonda attend Dear Comrade’s music festival