Released as a small film, Pelli Choopulu gained strength with each show and ended up as one of the biggest blockbusters ever in terms of return on investment. Pelli Choopulu’s remake rights have been acquired by noted filmmakers in the South and in Bollywood.
However, Pelli Choopulu will get a dubbed release in Malayalam. Noted Malayalam distribution house New Surya Films will soon be releasing Pelli Choopulu’s dubbed version across Kerala as ‘Barbeque: Oru Pennu Kanalinte Kadha’.
Directed by debutant Tharun Bhascker, Pelli Choopulu was jointly produced by Raj Kandukuri and Yash Rangineni. Vijay Deverakonda and Ritu Varma were seen as the main leads.
- Legendary diva’s daughter’s Tollywood debut with RRR?
- Magician’s accusation on Vijay’s Mersal team turns controversial
- Healthy gap between Sankranthi releases to benefit all parties
- Sye Raa’s team races against time to complete Nayanthara’s scenes
- AR Rahman makes amateur Telugu female singer an internet sensation