Released as a small film, Pelli Choopulu gained strength with each show and ended up as one of the biggest blockbusters ever in terms of return on investment. Pelli Choopulu’s remake rights have been acquired by noted filmmakers in the South and in Bollywood.
However, Pelli Choopulu will get a dubbed release in Malayalam. Noted Malayalam distribution house New Surya Films will soon be releasing Pelli Choopulu’s dubbed version across Kerala as ‘Barbeque: Oru Pennu Kanalinte Kadha’.
Directed by debutant Tharun Bhascker, Pelli Choopulu was jointly produced by Raj Kandukuri and Yash Rangineni. Vijay Deverakonda and Ritu Varma were seen as the main leads.
- Nithya Menen to play the title role in Jayalalithaa’s biopic
- U-Turn and Sailaja Reddy’s latest US Collections
- Sun Pictures to produce much-awaited superstar film
- Interview : Rashmika Mandanna – I am in no mood to speak about my breakup
- Big update: Rajini’s Petta joins Sankranthi race