Just days after Anushka stated that artistes should be paid depending on how much revenue their films make, another actress too has taken a similar stance. Recently, when Taapsee was asked if actors and actresses are paid the equally with the same work experience, she had an interesting point of view about the whole issue.
Responding to the issue, Taapsee said, “Pay should be proportionate to the amount of returns your films are getting. This is a business at the end of the day. If your film is not generating that kind of revenue then one cannot demand equal pay. If the film is generating the same revenue as a male protagonist film then heroines should go and ask for the same pay but otherwise they shouldn’t. It’s a business at the end of the day; movies are not just made with talent and passion, they are made with money as well.”
For the past few months, pay disparity between actors and actresses had become a huge topic of discussion in Bollywood, and several actors are actively voicing their opinions. And Taapsee’s statements are quite well-balanced, going by the response for her interview. Currently, she’s busy promoting her upcoming Hindi film Dil Junglee.
Articles that might interest you:
- Nikhil gets a shock on promotional tour
- SPB’s majestic rendition shines in Entha Manchivaadavuraa’s Emo Emo
- Top Hollywood star evinces interest in acting in Bollywood
- Star director confirmed for Super Star’s next?
- Star Producer’s son’s film from March 2020
- Nikhil upset with Arjun Suravaram’s piracy