Actress Taapsee never shies away from speaking her mind. In a recent interview with a national media house, Taapsee opened up about the harassment and abuse in Bollywood and why actresses stay silent despite being at the receiving end often.
Taapsee said that actresses fear of being judged and criticized for ‘exploiting the situation for their benefit’ if they talk about their bad experiences. “Especially for girls who have no family here. So may be that insecurity really haunts them and that holds them back,” said Taapsee.
Taapsee further said that she did not face any harassment yet, otherwise she would’ve voiced it. “It’s not that it doesn’t happen, it does. I am aware of it because I hear from people who tell me this but the same people probably aren’t ready to openly talk about it because there are a lot of taboos attached to it,” Taapsee added.
- Ram, Puri Jagannadh’s iSmart Shankar commences shoot
- F2, VVR & NTR Kathanayakudu’s latest Krishna collections
- Chiru on a weight loss mission
- I will seek Tarak anna’s help: Akhil
- Karan Johar opens up about Hardik Pandya-KL Rahul controversy