Actress Taapsee he is known for her outspokenness when it comes to airing her opinion on various facets of the society, including the film industry. The gender and pay disparity, where male actors are paid higher than their female counterparts, has been one of the hottest discussions from a long time.
And Taapsee has a totally unique take on pay disparity in Bollywood. Taapsee says that cinema is a show business, where everyone strives to make as much money as possible. However, she also adds that she can’t suddenly say that she should get the same remuneration as Amitabh Bachchan, Akshay Kumar and Varun Dhawan because she’s acting with them.
“I won’t get the audience to the theatres as much as they (male stars) will. The day I command that kind of popularity and power to draw audiences in my name, the day my film opens well and filmgoers come in to watch both me and my male co-star, that day I will say I demand the same salary,” Taapsee said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll : Who among these two should romance NTR in Trivikram film?
- Samantha to romance this actor in her next?
- Bheeshma takes a solid start-Day One collections
- Will he, won’t he?: Speculations on Ram Charan’s role in Chiru152
- Mahesh Babu eyes famous theater in Bangalore for his multiplex
- Rakul’s statement on inspiring her fans to be fit