Taapsee is one of the few actresses who has been vocal about women’s issues and rights both in real life and in film industry. Recently, the actress was awarded the title of ‘Most Powerful Woman Of India’, and now, she is all set to promote another noble cause for women empowerment.
The actress will be seen addressing a huge group of students at IIT Bombay’s Techfest, where she’ll be talking about the importance of sanitary education. Talking about the initiative, she said, “I have never understood why mensuration has always been such a hushed topic and always has code words to address it or talk about it. Probably that’s one of the reasons why the sanitary health of women could not really improve because discussing about it freely was a taboo. It’s a natural and extremely critical aspect of womanhood which surely needs to be discussed and addressed so people understand it better.”
On the work front, the actress will soon be seen in Judwaa 2, which is gearing up for release in late September. Her recent Telugu film Anando Brahma was a big success at the box-office.
Articles that might interest you:
- V V Vinayak’s role revealed in Pawan Kalyan’s next
- Ram super kicked with Linguswamy’s narration
- Prabhu Deva in plans to direct a Telugu remake?
- After Amitabh Bachchan it is Sonu Sood darshan now
- Team NTR30 to announce star music composer very soon?
- Chiranjeevi finalizes his next project after Acharya