Taapsee is one of the few actresses who has been vocal about women’s issues and rights both in real life and in film industry. Recently, the actress was awarded the title of ‘Most Powerful Woman Of India’, and now, she is all set to promote another noble cause for women empowerment.
The actress will be seen addressing a huge group of students at IIT Bombay’s Techfest, where she’ll be talking about the importance of sanitary education. Talking about the initiative, she said, “I have never understood why mensuration has always been such a hushed topic and always has code words to address it or talk about it. Probably that’s one of the reasons why the sanitary health of women could not really improve because discussing about it freely was a taboo. It’s a natural and extremely critical aspect of womanhood which surely needs to be discussed and addressed so people understand it better.”
On the work front, the actress will soon be seen in Judwaa 2, which is gearing up for release in late September. Her recent Telugu film Anando Brahma was a big success at the box-office.
Articles that might interest you:
- Surprise: Two Telugu films with same title releasing next week
- HIT 2 makers reveal the killer; Fans get astonished
- Brahmastra to release in this country tomorrow
- OTT Review : Repeat – Telugu film on Hotstar
- Dil Raju blocks Varisu date- What will Chiru and Balayya do?
- Puri Jagan approaches this star for his next?