Ever since multiple women came forward to blow the lid off sexual harassment in Bollywood, the industry has been trying to take measures to provide a safe workplace for women in all departments. Recently, the Cine and TV Artists Association (CINTAA) decided to set up an anti-harassment committee, and along with Amole Gupte and Renuka Sahane, Taapsee is also part of this committee.
Talking about what she intends to do as part of this committee, Taapsee said, “This industry gives us our bread and butter and it needs to be a clean workplace because, as they say, work is worship. We need to clean up the dirt. The idea is to bring together a bunch of people, not just actresses but even those working behind the scenes to talk about such issues.”
The actress, who has been vocal about the #MeToo movement, however, added that the industry shouldn’t be judged on the basis of few sexual offenders.
Articles that might interest you:
- Is this the reason behind Prabhas signing multiple projects?
- Balayya to give a second chance to this director?
- Confirmed- This is how much Amitabh is being paid for Prabhas’ film
- Virata Parvam resumes its shoot finally
- Akshay Kumar meets UP CM Yogi; Here’s why?
- Poonam gets her chest inked with a crazy tattoo