Ever since multiple women came forward to blow the lid off sexual harassment in Bollywood, the industry has been trying to take measures to provide a safe workplace for women in all departments. Recently, the Cine and TV Artists Association (CINTAA) decided to set up an anti-harassment committee, and along with Amole Gupte and Renuka Sahane, Taapsee is also part of this committee.
Talking about what she intends to do as part of this committee, Taapsee said, “This industry gives us our bread and butter and it needs to be a clean workplace because, as they say, work is worship. We need to clean up the dirt. The idea is to bring together a bunch of people, not just actresses but even those working behind the scenes to talk about such issues.”
The actress, who has been vocal about the #MeToo movement, however, added that the industry shouldn’t be judged on the basis of few sexual offenders.
Articles that might interest you:
- Saaho fans getting restless about audio updates
- Popular child artiste Teja all set to turn hero
- Nandini Reddy reveals the secret of Samantha’s success
- Talented actress opens up about her choice of roles
- Transgender actress in Rajinikanth’s next
- Hindi actor’s role revealed in Darbar