Delhi beauty Taapsee made her silver screen debut with Manchu Lakshmi’s Jhummandi Naadam in veteran director K Raghavendra Rao’s direction way back in 2010. In her latest media interview, Taapsee made a few startling comments about her Telugu debut experience.
Taapsee said that she was working with a senior director (K Raghavendra Rao) who’s famous for exploring the ‘sensuality’ of his heroines onscreen. Taapsee said that the director is also fascinated with the heroines’ midriff and hitting their navel with fruits and flowers.
Taapsee went on to say that when her turn came during a song shoot in Jhummandi Naadam, her navel was hit by a coconut. “I don’t know what is so sensuous about a coconut hitting my midriff,” exclaimed Taapsee, while the crowds were in splits.
She further said that people down South think she can only pull off glamorous roles, but they were shocked seeing her performance in Pink and Naam Shabana and even wondered “Oh s**t, she can act!” Needless to say that Taapsee’s statements have become a hot topic on social media.
Articles that might interest you:
- Review : Bhanumathi & Ramakrishna (Available on AHA) – Sensible Rom-com
- Nani fans anxiously waiting for top producer’s decision
- Nepotism exists in the film industry, says Tamannaah
- Ram Charan giving an opportunity to a debutante
- Popular actress opens up about rumors on marriage and pregnancy
- Poor TRP’s for this hit film