It’s been reported recently that the Hindi remake of the cult Tamil gangster comedy, Jigarthanda, has been revived by noted Bollywood filmmaker Sajid Nadiadwala. Udta Punjab and Sonchiriya fame Abhishek Chaubey will be directing this much-awaited film.
Incidentally, star heroine Tamannaah was the initial choice to reprise Lakshmi Menon’s role in Jigarthanda’s Hindi version. However, that project was supposed to be produced by Bollywood star Ajay Devgn, with Sanjay Dutt reprising Bobby Simha’s role and Farhan Akthar stepping into Siddharth’s shoes respectively.
But with young heart-throb Karthik Aryan replacing Farhan and a fresh casting process in place at the moment, Tamannaah being part of the remake seems unlikely. On the other hand, Tamannaah has her hands full with exciting projects in Telugu, Hindi and Tamil.
Articles that might interest you:
- Will Samantha respond to her trolls?
- Mahesh Babu requests everyone to ignore fake news
- This actor behind Keerthy Suresh’s wedding rumors?
- Chiranjeevi shows magnanimity- Comes to the aid of his lady fan
- Gossip-Film Industry not happy with extension of lockdown?
- Nani busy adjusting release dates of his next two films?