Just a day before Kollywood star Vijay’s Master’s digital premiere on Amazon Prime Video, the film’s makers are caught in an unexpected situation. All the film exhibitors who screened Master in their cinemas, are now demanding the makers to pay additional 10 percent share from the overall collections.
The exhibitors are making this demand to compensate the losses they will be incurring due to Master’s early OTT release. A meeting between the film’s producers and the exhibitors is currently underway in Chennai. Apparently, one of the film’s producers Lalith Kumar has told the exhibitors to take the entire share the film collects starting from day 17. Final conclusion from the meeting is awaited.
Master, directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj and produced by Xavier Britto and Lalith Kumar, released on January 13 as a Pongal festive treat. The film has turned out to be a huge blockbuster and it has grossed nearly Rs 225 crore worldwide.
Articles that might interest you:
- Abhishek Bachchan slightly changes his name for good luck?
- Baahubali writer pens script for pan-India film based on Ramayan
- Yash’s Gajakesari gears up for Telugu release
- This action hero’s next to have a pan-India release?
- Viral -Jani Master chills on the sets of Pushpa
- Muddy’s action-packed and racy teaser impresses