Film stars chipping in to support social causes is nothing new. But what a large group of directors belonging to the Tamil Nadu Film Directors’ Association did yesterday touched everyone. As many as 62 directors pledged to donate their bodies for research after their death.
Yesterday, leading Tamil directors like KS Ravikumar, P Vasu, the association’s General Secretary RK Selvamani and President Vikraman met the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa and handed over the organ pledge documents to her. Jayalalithaa, who was a famous actress herself, lauded the association’s generous initiative.
Speaking on the occasion, Vikraman said the directors’ association would hold awareness campaigns in districts on the importance of donating bodies after death.
- Sye Raa’s next major schedule from June first week
- Saakshyam’s release postponed?
- Balayya to produce yet another film before NTR
- This Afghani IPL star is a keen follower of Mahesh Babu’s films
- Star director to be the chief guest at Officer’s pre-release event