The entire Tamil film industry has rallied behind the makers of Vijay’s Mersal and slammed the BJP’s Tamil Nadu outfit for creating a major controversy over few dialogues in the film. This isn’t the first time that a film got entangled in a political controversy; however, the response this time has been unanimously in favour of the film.
First, one of the BJP leaders from Tamil Nadu criticised Vijay for using cinema as a platform to launch his political career and also asked the makers to remove references to GST. And then, in a stunning move, H Raja, one of the top politicians in BJP, openly admitted that he had seen pirated clips of the film. This, in turn, enraged Vishal, who’s the head of Tamil Nadu Film Producers Council, and he, along with several others, slammed the BJP leader for encouraging piracy.
On top of all this, Hema Rukmini, one of the producers of the film, who had come forward saying that they are ready to remove objectionable content from the film did a complete U turn and stated that no scene or dialogue will be removed from the film. All this high drama over the film has ensured that the film keeps trending for the entire weekend, and the makers of Mersal are laughing all the way to the bank.
Articles that might interest you:
- I can proudly say that Varudu Kavalenu has come out superbly: Naga Shaurya
- Thaman watches Vakeel Saab at 37,000 ft; Gives a big update on BGM
- Watch : Naga Chaitanya – Sai Pallavi’s Love Story is streaming now on AHA
- Chay’s new look from Bangarraju goes viral
- After Samantha, Tamannah to sue a TV channel?
- Radhe Shyam teaser: Director Radha pens a thank you tweet for his team