All eyes were on the first public meeting of Super Star Rajinikanth ever since his announcement of his political entry last year. Rajini unveiled the statue of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and legendary actor MG Ramachandran at the MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai this evening.
Addressing more than 5,000 fans, students and close acquaintances, Rajini said that he came to politics as Tamil Nadu needs good leadership and a good leader. “Jayalalithaa passed away and Karunakaran is old. Tamil Nadu needs good leadership and a good leader. I will fill that vacuum,” the Thalaivar said.
Calling MGR a Yuga Purusham and a Makkal Thilagam, Rajini further said that he believes he can bring back MGR’s good governance with the support of the youth, people, technologists and specialists.
- Leading production house bags RC12 theatrical rights
- Telugu filmmaker’s Chinese film gets bigger
- Irrfan Khan pens a moving note from London as he battles a rare cancer
- Versatile artiste’s key role in Mahesh25
- Don’t call my son Jr Powerstar: Renu Desai tells Pawan fans