All eyes were on the first public meeting of Super Star Rajinikanth ever since his announcement of his political entry last year. Rajini unveiled the statue of former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister and legendary actor MG Ramachandran at the MGR Educational and Research Institute in Chennai this evening.
Addressing more than 5,000 fans, students and close acquaintances, Rajini said that he came to politics as Tamil Nadu needs good leadership and a good leader. “Jayalalithaa passed away and Karunakaran is old. Tamil Nadu needs good leadership and a good leader. I will fill that vacuum,” the Thalaivar said.
Calling MGR a Yuga Purusham and a Makkal Thilagam, Rajini further said that he believes he can bring back MGR’s good governance with the support of the youth, people, technologists and specialists.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sye Raa’s spectacular teaser raises expectations
- Poll : What did you think of Sye Raa’s teaser?
- Prabhas talks about his fear of failure
- Evaru’s 5-day Nizam collections
- Vijay Deverakonda to extend his support to co-star
- Nabha Natesh to showcase her acting prowess in Disco Raja