Tamil Padam, directed by CS Amudhan, is widely regarded as a cult film among Tamil film lovers, and few years ago, it was also remade in Telugu as Sudigadu with Allari Naresh in the lead role. Now, after a long gap, the original team has come together once again to make a sequel of the film which has been titled as Tamil Padam 2.0.
In a shocking move, the first poster of the film proudly displayed that a day after the film releases in theatres, it will also be released by Tamil Rockers, the notorious piracy gang which has given many producers sleepless nights, the very next day in April, 2018. Tamil Rockers have also been named as the official piracy partners of the film.
While this move might sound like a big surprise, but it goes perfectly with the theme of the film which takes a dig at every popular cultural reference in films. The original film was one of the best spoofs made in the past couple of decades, and with this latest poster, the team has once again hinted that the sequel will be funnier. Shiva and Ishwarya Menon are going to play the lead roles in the film.
— C.S.Amudhan (@csamudhan) December 9, 2017
Articles that might interest you:
- Siddharth turns script writer for a Telugu film
- Music sittings begin for Nag’s Bangarraju
- K Viswanath, Chiru, Mahesh & Sam win Zee Awards
- Kajal reveals why she is signing select movies
- Screenplay to be the highlight of Ashwathama
- Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo musical team’s tribute to Telugu literature and culture