Searing controversies about its collections aside, Mahesh’s Dookudu is maintaining its steady course for a 100- day run. The movie with a mix of heady action sequences and rib- tickling comedy scenes stuck a chord with the average movie goer. Mahesh’s electrifying screen presence was another big plus. What it essentially did was, it gave Mahesh the final nudge into bi-lingual and tri-lingual productions. That is the windfall that the makers of Businessman are now reaping. Movies like Dookudu will enable producers to mount lavish sets to execute their dream scripts. With the production cost being spread around two or three languages the risk too will be reduced. This was the canvas that Kollywood heroes benefitted from. Now Mahesh is leading our heroes into that territory.
- Superstar lends support to a fundraiser in New York
- Sai Pallavi-Sharwa’s Padi Padi Leche Manasu nears completion
- Sunny Leone turns down offer to be part of Game Of Thrones
- Sundeep Kishan bags a key role in Raj-Dk’s next
- Star hero’s son donates debut film’s remuneration for Kerala flood relief