Searing controversies about its collections aside, Mahesh’s Dookudu is maintaining its steady course for a 100- day run. The movie with a mix of heady action sequences and rib- tickling comedy scenes stuck a chord with the average movie goer. Mahesh’s electrifying screen presence was another big plus. What it essentially did was, it gave Mahesh the final nudge into bi-lingual and tri-lingual productions. That is the windfall that the makers of Businessman are now reaping. Movies like Dookudu will enable producers to mount lavish sets to execute their dream scripts. With the production cost being spread around two or three languages the risk too will be reduced. This was the canvas that Kollywood heroes benefitted from. Now Mahesh is leading our heroes into that territory.
- Nayanthara’s Tamil thriller to release in Telugu
- Sai Dharam Tej’s Chitralahari commences its shoot
- Pawan Kalyan all set for his comeback film?
- Rajamouli cans RRR’s first shot; Video goes viral
- Update on Ravi Teja- VI Anand’s film