Nithya Menen is one of the finest actresses in the industry today, and in the past few years, she has reached a stage where people watch her films hoping that she has done something interesting or challenging each time.
When asked about what the most challenging role in her career was, in a recent interview, she said, “Nothing I have done so far has come close to what I did in Kanchana. That was a huge challenge for me.” Recently, she played the role of a lesbian in Prasanth Varma’s Awe and explaining why she signed the film, Nithya said that she liked the intent of the director and his belief that Nithya could do justice to the role.
The actress also stated that Telugu cinema needs more films like Awe! “I believe Awe may have opened a small crack with respect to different content. But we need more such attempts and they need to be encouraged. Telugu cinema needs a revolution with respect to content. We have huge audience base but we keep making same type of films. Look at Malayalam industry and their recent films. Telugu cinema needs such films and it doesn’t matter they work or not, but we need different films,” she said.
Articles that might interest you:
- Still no update on Nikhil’s Arjun Suravaram
- Rashmika super excited to shoot with Mahesh Babu
- Star hero gives blockbuster but has no films in hand
- Fresh speculation on NTR’s lady in RRR
- iSmart Shankar’s Ceded first weekend collections are here
- Interview : Vijay Devarakonda- My chemistry with Rashmika will be the highlight of Dear Comrade