Members of the Telugu Film Industry staged a protest near the Film Chamber today, demanding a rollback of Service Tax. Dr. D. Ramanaidu,Allu Aravind, Venkatesh, Nani, Jagapathi Babu, Dr. Murali Mohan, Ali and others participated in the protests.
Those present at the protest have said that the industry faces a grave danger from the service tax and requested the government to consider an immediate rollback of the proposal. “It is a common misconception that film industry people lead very lavish lifestyles and have lots of money. The reality is different. Only the top 10% of the industry members have that kind of money. There are thousands of other members who lead very normal lives. This new tax will burden their lives”, said actor Ashok
Articles that might interest you:
- FDFS : Highlights from Bandobast
- Chiru’s green signal made Varun Tej sign Valmiki
- FDFS : Highlights from Gaddhalakonda Ganesh
- Harish Shankar distraught over Valmiki’s title change
- Star DP’s daughter in talks for Vijay’s next?
- Nithiin’s reprise of Vijay Sethupathi in Valmiki raises curiosity