The Union Cabinet approved the note sent by the Home Ministry, clearing the way for the formation of a Telangana State with 10 districts and Hyderabad as the capital. The news was greeted with jubilation in Telangana areas, but Seemandhra areas erupted in protests almost immediately.
The political unrest in Andhra areas is expected to intensify over the coming days. With Dussehra around the corner, the question in filmnagar is “Will Telugu film releases be affected again?”. NTR’s ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’ and Vishnu Manchu’s ‘Doosukeltha’ are scheduled for a Dussehra release. In this kind of political climate, will the producers go ahead with the release of these films?
An official confirmation is expected soon in this matter.
- Vijayendra Prasad completes script for Rowdy Rathore 2
- Aadi exudes confidence on his next
- Film in Oohalu Gusagusalaade combo in the offing?
- RGV vows to train ‘Celluloid Terrorists’ at his film school
- Mahanati surpasses Khaidi No 150 & A..Aa in US