Star heroine Kajal Aggarwal tied the knot with her boyfriend Gautam Kitchlu in traditional Punjabi and Kashmiri styles at a star hotel in Mumbai last night. Kajal also gave a touching tribute to the Telugu wedding ritual of ‘Jeelakarra Bellam’ as a gesture of gratitude.
Kajal took to Instagram and shared a photograph of her and Gautam performing the Jeelakarra Bellam ritual during their wedding. She also explained the significance of the ritual to her North Indian fans. “A tribute to both Gautam and my individual relationships with South India,” Kajal said in her post.
View this post on Instagram
In our Punjabi meets Kashmiri wedding, we just had to include #Jeelakarrabellam జీలకర్రాబెల్లం – a tribute to both Gautam and my individual relationships with South India! 😍 In a Telugu wedding, Jeelakarra Bellam signifies the union/marriage of the bride and the groom. Jeelakarra (cumin) and bellam (jaggery) are made into a thick paste and put on a tamalapaku (betel leaf). The bride and the groom put it on each other’s head while the purohit chants mantras from the Vedas. The bride and the groom look at each other only after this ceremony is completed and this auspicious ceremony signifies that the couple will stay together in bitter and sweet times ❤️
Articles that might interest you:
- Sanjay Dutt lands in Hyderabad for KGF 2’s final schedule
- Exclusive Interview : Director Trinadh – Meka Suri 2 will be a thrilling experience
- Bigg Boss 4 – Makers shocked with this contestant’s following
- Samantha, Shriya and Ramya Krishna paired with KRR
- Bigg Boss 4 – Strong contestant breaks down in fear or elimination
- Poll : Who among these will make a better Pan-India hero?