Indian President Pranab Mukherjee honored several stars from the Telugu film industry in a special tea party at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi yesterday. These stars were chosen as the central government’s brand ambassadors for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious Swachh Bharat cleanliness campaign.
Legendary publisher and filmmaker Ramoji Rao, reputed actor Kamal Haasan, actress and social worker Amala Akkineni, actress and filmmaker Lakshmi Manchu, popular actress Tamannaah Bhatia and national award winning lyricist Suddala Ashok Teja were the Telugu celebrities who were honored by the President.
Addressing the guests, the president called for an immediate development of low-cost and effective infrastructure to improve sanitation and environmental standards in Indian villages, towns and cities.
Articles that might interest you:
- It’s official: Sarileru Neekevvaru & Ala Vaikunthapuramulo’s Sankranthi clash averted
- Dhruv Vikram gets unanimous praise for Adithya Varma
- Comeback actress thrilled to work with Balakrishna
- After Saaho, Sujeeth teams up with UV Creations again?
- Thalapathy64 to be wrapped up by Feb
- YS Jagan was a big fan of this top Tollywood hero