Indian President Pranab Mukherjee honored several stars from the Telugu film industry in a special tea party at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi yesterday. These stars were chosen as the central government’s brand ambassadors for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s ambitious Swachh Bharat cleanliness campaign.
Legendary publisher and filmmaker Ramoji Rao, reputed actor Kamal Haasan, actress and social worker Amala Akkineni, actress and filmmaker Lakshmi Manchu, popular actress Tamannaah Bhatia and national award winning lyricist Suddala Ashok Teja were the Telugu celebrities who were honored by the President.
Addressing the guests, the president called for an immediate development of low-cost and effective infrastructure to improve sanitation and environmental standards in Indian villages, towns and cities.
Articles that might interest you:
- Salman Khan to resume shooting for Radhe soon
- Bihar town pays tribute to SSR in a unique manner
- Virata Parvam director in talks with a star hero for his next
- Film with Pawan Kalyan will be a treat for fans: Harish Shankar
- RGV’s Power Star to have a direct Pawan Kalyan connection?
- After Kamal, Rajinikanth extends support to ailing senior actor