This summer season has started with a bang for Telugu film industry in the form of Oopiri. Buoyed by Oopiri’s grand success, fans and trade circles are eagerly awaiting the release of a string of big budget films this summer. The euphoria will be kick-started by Pawan Kalyan’s Sardaar Gabbar Singh on the 8th of April.
However, an impending challenge in the form of the upcoming edition of Indian Premier League (IPL) is posing a huge challenge for the film trade. This 7-week long cricket festival will begin on April 8th and end on May 29th. While morning shows will not be affected, it is the noon and night shows that will witness a sizeable impact due to the every day matches.
Whether the most awaited high budget summer biggies such as Sardaar Gabbar Singh, Sarrainodu, Brahmotsavam and A..Aa etc will withstand the IPL effect or not is to been seen in the coming few weeks.
- Akhil reveals Nag’s daily fitness routine
- Following protests, Salman changes Loveratri’s title
- Popular actress confirms signing a Tamil film
- Ajith gets into action mode
- Nabha Natesh confident about her Tollywood career