The second wave of Covid-19 has hit Maharashtra in a big way. The state alone accounts for the highest number of cases on a daily basis in India. The number of cases in Mumbai have touched 10,000 per day, which shows how dire the situation is.
Owing to all these factors, the Maharashtra state government has imposed strict measures to curb the spread of COVID-19. As per the new guidelines, the whole state will be under lockdown during weekends, and section 144 has been imposed during the week. All the restaurants, pubs, and shopping malls have been ordered to only allow take away and parcels.
The government has also ordered theatres and cinema halls to be shut down all over the state. However, in a relief to Bollywood, film and TV shootings have been allowed to continue with strict implementation of SOPs (standard operating procedures) and minimal crowd. With several actors testing positive for Covid-19 in the past few days, these measures seemed inevitable. But it remains to be seen how this is going to affect Bollywood in the short term.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sunny Leone lands a title role in yet another south film
- Mahesh Babu’s touching b’day wishes for his mom
- Deepika Padukone posts a BTS video with Vijay’s superhit song
- Kriti Sanon to dub for her role in Adipurush?
- No change in Allu Arjun’s film’s release date?
- Ravi Teja’s new film delayed due to COVID