Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s latest release, Theri, hit the screens on Tamil new year and its Telugu version, Police, on the 15th of this month. While Police couldn’t manage to set the box-office on fire, Theri became a huge blockbuster and entered the 100 crore club, a third time feat by Vijay. The film also gave Samantha her second hit in Tamil.
Now, Theri has at last ended the North American drought for both Vijay and Samantha. The film has stormed into the $1 million club becoming the first ever $1 million film for Vijay and Samantha. While Samantha has six $1 million films in Telugu, this is her first $1 million film in Tamil.
Atlee directed this film and Kalaipuli S Thanu produced it. Theri is heading towards becoming the highest grossing film in Vijay’s career.
Articles that might interest you:
- Venky Mama completes censor; All set for Dec 13th release
- Star hero as chief guest for Sarileru Neekevvaru’s pre-release event
- Kiara reveals her middle-class lifestyle before movies
- Venky Mama’s trailer to be out during this time
- Disco Raja teaser- Raises curiosity
- Poll : What did you think of Disco Raja’s teaser?