Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s latest release, Theri, hit the screens on Tamil new year and its Telugu version, Police, on the 15th of this month. While Police couldn’t manage to set the box-office on fire, Theri became a huge blockbuster and entered the 100 crore club, a third time feat by Vijay. The film also gave Samantha her second hit in Tamil.
Now, Theri has at last ended the North American drought for both Vijay and Samantha. The film has stormed into the $1 million club becoming the first ever $1 million film for Vijay and Samantha. While Samantha has six $1 million films in Telugu, this is her first $1 million film in Tamil.
Atlee directed this film and Kalaipuli S Thanu produced it. Theri is heading towards becoming the highest grossing film in Vijay’s career.
- Priyanka Chopra ropes in star choreographer for her wedding
- Poll: Which among these is your favorite Thaman album?
- Pawan Kalyan flies to Chennai to meet Kamal Haasan
- Vikram donates for Gaja cyclone victims
- NTR biopic seals its audio release date