Telugu movie lovers are awaiting the release of Mallesham, a biopic on Padma Shri awardee weaver Chintakindi Mallesham. The film is hitting theaters on June 21. Young comedian Priyadarshi is making his debut as a lead actor with this film.
But, in a latest interview, Mallesham’s producer-director Raj revealed that he had initially wanted popular heroes Nani and Vijay Deverakonda to play Mallesham’s role. However, since both the actors were busy with their respective projects, Raj had signed on Priyadarshi eventually.
Mallesham tells the inspiring story of a Pochampally weaver’s son who hails from Aleru village in Yadadri district of Telangana. He was honoured by the Indian government for his invention of the Asu machine, which eases the pain for weavers while weaving the traditional Pochampally Ikat Sarees.
Articles that might interest you:
- My character in Disco Raja will surprise everyone-Ravi Teja
- Payal Rajput in awe of star hero
- Ala Vaikunthapuramlo crosses 100 crore mark
- Poll : Which aspect of Ala Vaikunthapuramlo did you like the most?
- Orey Bujjiga wraps up shoot-Confirms release date
- New title of Prabhas’s next becomes a hot topic