Telugu movie lovers are awaiting the release of Mallesham, a biopic on Padma Shri awardee weaver Chintakindi Mallesham. The film is hitting theaters on June 21. Young comedian Priyadarshi is making his debut as a lead actor with this film.
But, in a latest interview, Mallesham’s producer-director Raj revealed that he had initially wanted popular heroes Nani and Vijay Deverakonda to play Mallesham’s role. However, since both the actors were busy with their respective projects, Raj had signed on Priyadarshi eventually.
Mallesham tells the inspiring story of a Pochampally weaver’s son who hails from Aleru village in Yadadri district of Telangana. He was honoured by the Indian government for his invention of the Asu machine, which eases the pain for weavers while weaving the traditional Pochampally Ikat Sarees.
Articles that might interest you:
- Team KGF 2 in big tension – Here’s why
- Legendary playback singer SP Balasubrahmanyam critical
- Prashanth Neel’s special request to NTR
- Case filed against Kathi Mahesh- Sent to Jail
- Exclusive Interview : Kaumudi Nemani – Mahesh sir has a terrific sense of humor
- Ravi Teja’s Krack to release only in theaters