Around a week ago, a biopic on Indian weightlifting legend Karnam Malleswari was announced under the direction of young filmmaker Sanjana Reddy. To be made as a multilingual pan-Indian film, the film will showcase Malleswari’s inspiring journey to Olympic glory.
Initially, there were reports that the biopic’s makers had approached Malayalam beauty Nithya Menen to play the titular in this prestigious biopic. However, Nithya reportedly refused to sign the movie as she will be busy with Jayalalithaa biopic in the coming months.
Now, the latest buzz is that the Malleswari biopic team is planning to approach popular Bollywood actress Bhumi Pednekar to play the leading lady’s role. The film will be jointly bankrolled by noted writer Kona Venkat and MVV Satyanarayana.
Articles that might interest you:
- Teaser for Satyadev’s Thimmarusu to be out soon
- Kajal becomes the face of her husband’s e-commerce company
- Zombie Reddy’s intriguing first bite impresses
- Poll : If Mahesh Babu signs a pan-India film, who should direct it?
- Bigg Boss 4: This contestant on the verge of eviction?
- Ravi Teja, Shruti Haasan to groove to star choreographer’s steps in Goa