A small Tamil film titled Aruvi has been the talk of the town ever since it hit the screens on December 15. The film introduced a power-packed performer in Aditi Balan and a talented filmmaker in the form of Arun Prabu Purushothaman to Kollywood. Khakee’s Tamil producer SR Prabhu produced Aruvi under Dream Warrior Pictures banner.
Even as Tamil movie connoisseurs and celebrities continue to shower praises on this cult socio-political thriller, the entire team, especially director Arun, are thrilled with a surprise phone call from Super Star Rajinikanth.
Rajini telephoned Aruvi’s director Arun yesterday and thanked him for giving the audiences such a fantastic film. “Your film made me cry a lot and laugh out loud. It also left me thinking deeply. You have a great future ahead. You’re one of the important directors in Tamil cinema. This film would be talked about for years,” Rajini told the young director.
- Taapsee reveals why she can’t demand a pay equal to male stars
- RX100’s director ready with his next script
- Kavacham seals its release date
- Sumanth’s Idam Jagath seals its release date
- Makers of 2.0 planning exclusive promotions in Hyderabad