Ever since Suresh Babu announced that Venkatesh is going to star in the Telugu remake of Asuran, there has been a lot of speculation about who’s going to direct it. The original film in Tamil was helmed by Vetrimaaran and it has Dhanush and Manju Warrier playing the lead roles, and upon its release, it went on to become one of the most acclaimed films of the year.
As per the latest buzz in the industry, Suresh Babu and Kalaipuli S Thanu, who are going to produce the film, have approached Hanu Raghavapudi to direct the film. In recent times, Hanu had directed films like Padi Padi Leche Manasu, Lie, and Krishnagadi Veera Prema Gadha. Although he hasn’t tasted commercial success in a while, the makers seem to believe that Hanu Raghavapudi will understand the sensibilities and bring in his own vision to direct the Asuran’s remake.
The director is yet to sign the dotted line, however, buzz is that he’s keen to take up the offer. More details about the cast and crew will be announced soon.
Articles that might interest you:
- Poll: Will Mahesh Babu pull of a gangster’s role?
- Director locked for Allu hero’s next?
- Teja working on a tight script for this action hero
- Rana wraps up Adavi Ramudu
- Noted producer acquires Vijay Deverakonda’s WFL’s Andhra rights
- Queen trailer- Ramya’s impressive act