Ram Charan, Priyanka Chopra starrer Thoofan has hit yet another obstacle even before it’s post production can be completed. Few days ago, the Bombay High Court had cleared all obstacles against the film’s release after Amit Mehra, the producer of Thoofan, reached an amicable settlement with his brother Sumeet and Puneet Mehra who had
dragged Amit to court. The latest news is that the original writers duo Salim Khan and Javed Akthar, who wrote Amitabh Bachchan starrer Zanjeer, have filed a petition in Bombay High Court to stall the film’s release alleging
The duo had spoken about this issue almost a year ago and now they have approached the court saying that Amit Mehra hasn’t taken their permission to remake the film. The Bombay High Court is yet to take a decision on the freshly filed petition against the film. On the other hand, Sanjay Dutt has begun dubbing his part for Zanjeer since he has to surrender to the court in a week. Apoorva Lakhia, the director, is shooting the last remaining portions and personally overseeing the post production work. Srihari has done the role of Sher Khan in the Telugu version titled Thoofan. If all goes well, the film will hit the screens later this year.
Articles that might interest you:
- Aadi Saikumar opens up commercial films
- Happening young heroine keeps Chay, Dil Raju waiting
- Has Rajasekhar walked out of this project?
- Poll : Who do you think is the best choice for lady-oriented films?
- Top stunt co-ordinator gives a key update on Kamal’s role in Indian 2
- Will Krishna Vamsi bounce back with this emotional drama?