Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan starrer Thugs of Hindostan released with tremendous hype, and it was touted that the film was getting one of the biggest release ever for an Indian film. With the film releasing in nearly 6500 screens across the world in multiple languges, it was expected to take a record shattering opening at the box office.
While the film will take one of the best openings of the year, its long term prospects look bleak if the buzz is anything to go by. The film was unanimously trashed by leading critics in Bollywood, and even on social media, the buzz was quite negative within hours of the film’s release.
Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, the period drama is set in 19th century and narrates the story of a rebellion against the British. Fatima Sana Sheikh and Katrina Kaif also played important roles in this film.
- Tamannaah to dub for the first time in Telugu?
- Bhairava Geetha actress opens up about liplock scenes
- Sai Pallavi to romance Fahadh Faasil
- Dev gets a tentative release date
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?