Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan starrer Thugs of Hindostan released with tremendous hype, and it was touted that the film was getting one of the biggest release ever for an Indian film. With the film releasing in nearly 6500 screens across the world in multiple languges, it was expected to take a record shattering opening at the box office.
While the film will take one of the best openings of the year, its long term prospects look bleak if the buzz is anything to go by. The film was unanimously trashed by leading critics in Bollywood, and even on social media, the buzz was quite negative within hours of the film’s release.
Directed by Vijay Krishna Acharya, the period drama is set in 19th century and narrates the story of a rebellion against the British. Fatima Sana Sheikh and Katrina Kaif also played important roles in this film.
- Murugadoss clears all rumors
- Allu Arjun’s gesture for Palakollu people wins praise
- Balakrishna confident of NTR Mahanayakudu’s success
- Impressive-F2 crosses the 20 crore mark in AP/TG
- Will Mr. Mjanu give the needed push to Nidhi’s career