In a shocking move, the Tamil Nadu chapter of the Indian Medical Association (IMA) has decided to share the links to Tamil superstar Vijay’s Mersal’s pirated copies on social media. The doctors took this bizarre decision as a protest against Mersal for showcasing the medical community in poor light with scenes featuring the medical mafia.
Not stopping here, the IMA has also sent messages to its members, paramedical staff and their families, asking them to boycott the film or to ‘not pay’ for the movie. Terming it a ‘silent protest’ the IMA President Dr. TN Ravishankar said, “We decided not to approach the media or court for relief as it will only give more publicity for the movie. Instead, if we spread the movie links on webpages, it will hit their collections. I hope they will realise then”.
- Stalwart actor announces directorial debut with an epic 3D film
- Naga Chaitanya to romance Jersey girl?
- Malikipuram’s Padmaja Theater gutted in fire
- Vijay Deverakonda’s pic by Rashmika clocks 1M Insta views
- Teaser for Sundeep’s debut production to be out soon
- Jersey’s first weekend US collections; $1M soon