Producers and trade circles across the country are yet to come to terms with the severe dent in the revenues with the implementation of the GST. Adding to the woes, the Tamil Nadu government has freshly imposed an additional State Entertainment Tax which will come into effect in a few days.
The Chennai municipal corporation has already begun sending circulars to the multiplexes and single screens in the city. The new diktat results in an additional 10% hike for Tamil movies and 20% for non-Tamil movies. With this, the new ticket rates will be revised to Rs.165 and Rs.177 for Tamil and non-Tamil movies respectively.
Articles that might interest you:
- Acclaimed director in talks for Ram Charan’s next?
- Thaman gearing up with an emotional number for Pink remake
- Vijay’s Master to have its audio launch during this time
- Its official: Nani to have three releases this year
- AR Rahman reveals his most difficult music score to date
- Bheeshma’s exceptional run in the overseas continues