Just days after the Tamil Nadu government decided to impose local entertainment tax on films releasing in Chennai area, it has issued a new order to increase the price of the tickets. And the decision has come as a big shock to moviegoers, although a few in the Tamil film industry have supported the move.
It’s been 10 years since the ticket prices were revised and because of this delay, the cap on ticket prices, even in multiplexes, was Rs 120. However, as per the new rule, ticket prices will be hiked by almost 25% in multiplexes and in several single screens, the prices will be up by Rs 10-20.
With many suggesting that this ticket price hike will kill the audiences’ interest to watch films in theatres, it remains to be seen how the government and the film industry tackle the issue.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rashmika not interested in this happening remake?
- Mega hero does not want to be image bound
- Venu Sriram gets his new film okayed
- One more Hindi biggie to be out on Amazon soon
- Confirmed- Mahesh to romance two heroines in Trivikram film
- Bellamkonda Suresh buys rights of Hindi blockbuster?