Just days after the Tamil Nadu government decided to impose local entertainment tax on films releasing in Chennai area, it has issued a new order to increase the price of the tickets. And the decision has come as a big shock to moviegoers, although a few in the Tamil film industry have supported the move.
It’s been 10 years since the ticket prices were revised and because of this delay, the cap on ticket prices, even in multiplexes, was Rs 120. However, as per the new rule, ticket prices will be hiked by almost 25% in multiplexes and in several single screens, the prices will be up by Rs 10-20.
With many suggesting that this ticket price hike will kill the audiences’ interest to watch films in theatres, it remains to be seen how the government and the film industry tackle the issue.
- Akhil not ready to leave this genre for the time being
- Nagarjuna makes a solid statement on ANR biopic
- Bollywood star Ranveer Singh all set for Tollywood debut
- Varun Tej, Harish Shankar film launch date is here
- Nikhil gets angry over Mudra’s copyright infringement