Tamil star Suriya has found himself in an unwanted controversy today. With all the theaters shut due to the lockdown and uncertainty over the reopening of theaters in near future, Suriya decided to release his upcoming home production, his wife Jyothikah-starrer Pon Magal Vandhal, on leading OTT platform Amazon Prime directly instead of the traditional theatrical release.
This didn’t go down well with the Tamil Nadu Theaters Association. The members of association objecting to the direct OTT release of Pon Magal Vandhal. They even threatened to issue a red card to Suriya (banning of all his future films ) if he continues with his plans to screen the film on Prime. Suriya is yet to respond over the issue.
Articles that might interest you:
- Star Tamil hero to do an action-packed web series for Amazon
- Guntur Mirchi teaser – Mehboob Dil Se in action avatar
- Solid new poster of Sanjay Dutt as Adheera from KGF 2 out now
- Twists and turns to engage the audience in Timmarusu
- Maha Samudram’s promotions to kick-start with an intense video
- Radhe Shyam’s big update on the way