The Coronavirus pandemic and the following 21-day lockdown has disrupted the shootings and releases of several small, medium and big budgeted Tollywood films. The release of some of the prominent early summer films like Nani’s silver jubilee film, V, young Mega hero Vaishnav Tej’s debut film, Uppena, and Ram’s Red and several others has been postponed indefinitely, as theaters across the twin Telugu states and in India have been shut since March third week.
Now, if the latest buzz in film circles is anything to be believed, some of the producers of these postponed movies are planning to release their films directly on digital streaming platforms such as Netflix, Amazon Prime and others, instead of the traditional theatrical release first. An official announcement regarding this shocking decision could be out anytime soon. Stay tuned for further updates.
Articles that might interest you:
- Much-awaited trailer for Mani Ratnam’s Navarasa out in a few hours
- Aadavaallu Meeku Johaarlu shoot diaries – Rashmika looks gorgeous
- Confident that audiences will patronize Ishq: Dil Raju
- RRR’s music rights acquired by T-Series and Lahari Music
- Thaman shows his excitement while composing for Chiru’s next
- Tamannah credits her success to southern cinema