The unexpected lockdown due to the Coronavirus pandemic has resulted in the sudden halt of numerous low, medium and high budget movies across the country. Tollywood is no exception and several high-profile projects which are in various stages of production have been lying standstill.
Telugu Film Producer’s Council President C Kalyan interacted with a popular news agency and revealed that over 50 films have been installed with over Rs 600 to 700 crores at stake due to this lockdown. The veteran producer also revealed that uncertainty is looming large across the film industry as there is no clarity on when the theaters will reopen and the shootings will resume.
Rajamouli’s RRR, Chiranjeevi’s Acharya, Pawan Kalyan’s Vakeel Saab are some of the big budget movies that have been stalled, while the release of a handful of movies, including Akhil’s Most Eligible Bachelor, Nani’s V and Ram’s Red have been postponed.
Articles that might interest you:
- Thunivu uncensored version streaming on THIS OTT platform
- England cricketer says Pathaan is his recent favorite Indian film
- Official: Kiara Advani ties the knot with Sidharth Malhotra
- Money Heist spin-off series to stream from December 2023
- Photo Moment: Jailer meets Lucifer
- Family Man season 3 – Big update revealed