It’s been nearly 80 days since the movie halls across the twin Telugu states were shut due to the lockdown. Amid a growing pressure from the exhibitors, there has been a talk that the Telangana government is positive about giving permission to reopen theaters with only 50 percent capacity to ensure social distancing for audience’s safety.
However, Tollywood filmmakers and even exhibitors and distributors clearly seem to be not in favour of this move. Leading producers cum exhibitors like Suresh Babu and Sunil Narang told a Telugu news daily that exhibitors would lose heavily is theaters are run with reduced seating capacity.
They also opine that even audiences are not in a mood to throng theaters with the deadly virus still lurking around. In this scenario, there seems to be no chance of theaters reopening at least until September or October.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sonu Sood joins Leonard DiCaprio, Angelina Jolie with United Nations honor
- Pan-Indian actor ends rumors on Allu Arjun’s Pushpa
- Raj Tarun, Malavika’s Orey Bujjiga to premiere a day in advance
- Tamannaah and Satyadev’s GS to have another heroine
- Payal Ghosh demands an increased security cover
- Talented actor signs two projects for Aha