Telugu film industry has come to the rescue of Indian film industry, quite literally, in the first half of 2017. With several big budget Hindi films failing to set the box-office on fire this year, it was Baahubali 2 which turned into a goldmine for all the stakeholders of the film and it saw record footfalls in all the areas.
According to one report collected by a leading box-office analytical site, the total revenue at the Indian box-office from January to June this year was more than Rs 5000 crores, which is a record in itself. Surprisingly, 40% of that revenue came from Tollywood alone with films like Baahubali 2, Khaidi No 150, Shatamanam Bhavati, Gautamiputra Satakarni, Nenu Local, Katamarayudu and DJ making big money.
After Tollywood, it was Bollywood which contributed 30% to the box-office revenue, followed by Hollywood with 10% and Kollywood with 9% contribution. While the first half of the year was phenomenal for Tollywood, it remains to be seen how the remaining bif films of 2017 perform at the box-office.
- Mr Majnu director’s next with star hero?
- Superstar lends support to a fundraiser in New York
- Sai Pallavi-Sharwa’s Padi Padi Leche Manasu nears completion
- Sunny Leone turns down offer to be part of Game Of Thrones
- Sundeep Kishan bags a key role in Raj-Dk’s next