It’s clearly turning out to be the season of biopics in Bollywood. First it was Akshay Kumar, who made films like Airlift and Rustom, which were based on real incidents and people. Then, Aamir Khan brought the story of the Phogat sisters to life in the wrestling drama Dangal and now, there’s news that he’s working on a biopic on India’s first astronaut Rakesh Sharma.
The latest news is that Priyanka Chopra is going to star in a biopic on the life of Kalpana Chawla. Debutant director Priya Mishra is going to direct this film and she has been, reportedly, working on the script for the past seven years. An international studio will produce the film.
Kalpana Chawla, who grew up in Haryana, had spent more than 31 days in space and she passed away in February 2003 when Columbia, the space shuttle she was in, along with other members of the team, disintegrated while trying to re-enter the Earth.
Articles that might interest you:
- Rajamouli making big plans for OTT entry?
- AK Entertainments in talks with two heroes for their web series
- Mahesh goes Fida on his dad’s smile
- Lockdown Review : Lalbazaar – Hindi series on Zee5
- Amazing-Sarileru records solid TRP’s in its second run
- Power Star first look- RGV stirs up a controversy