It’s been nearly 3 months since the lockdown came into effect and shut the movie theaters across the country. The exhibition industry has suffered heavy losses to the tune of several hundreds of crores. Even though many businesses are reopening slowly, film exhibitors are still uncertain about the future.
In a latest interview with a Telugu news channel, veteran Tollywood producer Suresh Babu said that theaters will not reopen at least until 3 to 4 months from the day shootings resume. On the other hand, there is still no clarity on when the shootings will resume.
Suresh Babu said that even though theaters reopened in China and the UAE in the midst of the Coronavirus pandemic, they had to shut again as only 2 percent of the audience thronged the cinemas. The senior filmmaker added that exhibitors will incur more losses if they reopen theaters in haste.
Articles that might interest you:
- Sampath Nandi gives clarity about Seetimaar’s shoot
- Sonu Sood to join Alludu Adhurs shoot soon
- Bigg Boss 4: Emotions galore as Devi Nagavalli exits the house
- Rajasekhar to romance a relatively young actress in his next
- Sara Ali and Shraddha drop a big bomb on Sushanth’s death
- Makers of Nishabdham purposely keeping him a secret