Karan Johar’s upcoming production, Kalank, has become one of the most talked films of the seasons, thanks to its star cast, lavish sets, and grandeur. Directed by Abhishek Varman, the film has Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Sanjay Dutt, Madhuri Dixit, Sonakshi Sinha, and Aditya Roy Kapur playing the lead roles.
While the film is slated for release on April 17, Karan Johar and the rest of the producers have reportedly shocked the distributors in many territories in North India by asking them to increase the ticket prices. Given the budget and the pre-release hype of the film, Kalank is being priced 10% more than the ticket prices for Aamir Khan, Big B starrer Thugs Of Hindustan. This hasn’t gone down well with quite a few theatre owners and distributors who are afraid of footfalls.
With less than two days to go before the film hits the screens, it remains to be seen if this high budget film draws big crowds to the theatres or if it will fizzle out soon after release.
Articles that might interest you:
- Two noted heroines to sizzle in Nag’s Bangaraju
- Love Story’s latest US collections – In no mood to slow down
- Poll : Which aspect of Love Story impressed you the most?
- Upasana posts an adorable picture – Calls it Most Precious
- Bigg Boss 5 – This contestant creating a solid jealousy angle among ladies
- Akash Puri’s Romantic gets a fresh release date