Satellite rights make up a significant amount of profits for a producer these days. Big star films sometimes command prices in excess of 10 crores and this has become a very important component of a film’s revenue stream.
But the satellite market has taken a big hit these days. Even successful films are finding it difficult to close satellite deals. A recently released romantic entertainer that was a big success is yet to complete its satellite deal. The deal was in balance because of an issue over the service tax.
With the advent of money controls in place across the economy, the situation may not become better anytime soon.
- Natakam completes censor, All set for a grand release
- Devadas completes censor formalities
- Massive release for Vishal’s next
- Advance bookings open for Aravinda Sametha
- Nannu Dochukunduvate’s latest collections