Mahanati, a biopic based on the life and legacy of legendary yesteryear heroine Savithri, has been one of the most eagerly awaited movies. The film’s shooting will begin in June, with Keerthy Suresh essaying Savithri’s role and Samantha playing the role of a journalist.
According to the latest reports, leading stars Anushka and Prakash Raj are said to be in talks for veteran actress Jamuna and Savithri’s late husband Gemini Ganeshan’s roles respectively. We will have to wait for an official confirmation from the makers though.
Young filmmaker Nag Ashwin will be helming this prestigious project, while Swapna Dutt will bankroll it.
- Yesteryear star heroine to join Congress soon
- Suryakantham trailer- Funny and Heartful
- Samantha bonds well with her mother-in-law
- Top-notch Indian technician joins Avengers team
- Bollywood actress is a rage even before her first film
- Kangana starts learning Tamil for Jayalalitha biopic