Mahanati, a biopic based on the life and legacy of legendary yesteryear heroine Savithri, has been one of the most eagerly awaited movies. The film’s shooting will begin in June, with Keerthy Suresh essaying Savithri’s role and Samantha playing the role of a journalist.
According to the latest reports, leading stars Anushka and Prakash Raj are said to be in talks for veteran actress Jamuna and Savithri’s late husband Gemini Ganeshan’s roles respectively. We will have to wait for an official confirmation from the makers though.
Young filmmaker Nag Ashwin will be helming this prestigious project, while Swapna Dutt will bankroll it.
- After AAA, Ileana returns to Bollywood
- 2.0 to have a free run with less competition
- Poll: Which of these upcoming December releases are you looking forward to?
- Tanish confident of Rangu’s success
- Former heroine’s Tollywood comeback after 8 years