Vinayaka Chavithi was seen as a rare box-office battle between the Akkineni star couple, Naga Chaitanya and Samantha. But both Chay and Sam had played down the box-office clash and said that both the movies will turn out to be successful eventually.
While Chay’s Shailaja Reddy Alludu is dominating the overall worldwide collections, Samantha’s U-Turn surprised everyone by surpassing SRA’s collections at the US box-office. U-Turn pulled off this feat on Sunday, thanks to the increasing positive word of mouth with each passing show.
On Sunday, U-Turn collected $42,869 from 93 locations across the US. On the other hand, Shailaja Reddy Alludu grossed $39,978 from 124 locations. While U-Turn’s 4-day long weekend collections stand at $223,311, SRA has taken its first weekend total gross to $356,714.
- Payal Rajput’s Tamil debut goes on floors
- Date locked for Savyasachi’s pre-release event
- Update on Venky-Chay’s film
- Poll : Which aspect of Saaho’s making video impressed you the most?
- Thaman proves it yet again with Saaho