Vinayaka Chavithi was seen as a rare box-office battle between the Akkineni star couple, Naga Chaitanya and Samantha. But both Chay and Sam had played down the box-office clash and said that both the movies will turn out to be successful eventually.
While Chay’s Shailaja Reddy Alludu is dominating the overall worldwide collections, Samantha’s U-Turn surprised everyone by surpassing SRA’s collections at the US box-office. U-Turn pulled off this feat on Sunday, thanks to the increasing positive word of mouth with each passing show.
On Sunday, U-Turn collected $42,869 from 93 locations across the US. On the other hand, Shailaja Reddy Alludu grossed $39,978 from 124 locations. While U-Turn’s 4-day long weekend collections stand at $223,311, SRA has taken its first weekend total gross to $356,714.
Articles that might interest you:
- Popular child artiste Teja all set to turn hero
- Nandini Reddy reveals the secret of Samantha’s success
- Talented actress opens up about her choice of roles
- Transgender actress in Rajinikanth’s next
- Hindi actor’s role revealed in Darbar
- Grand event to celebrate Maharshi’s 50 day run