The Union Cabinet cleared the way for the formation of a separate Telangana state today. In a meeting which lasted well over two hours, the Prime Minister and his Cabinet Ministers discussed various issues and finally approved the note sent by the Union Home Ministry.
The state of Telangana will be formed with 10 districts. Hyderabad will be its capital. For the next 10 years, Hyderabad will be the joint capital of Andhra and Telangana and a separate capital will be established for the state of Andhra.
The news was greeted with joyous celebrations in Telangana areas and widespread protests in Seemandhra areas.Samaikhyandhra JAC has called for a 48 hour shutdown of the region. A host of Congress party MLA’s and MP’s are expected to resign over this issue.
Union Minister Chiranjeevi, Pallam Raju and Kavuri Sambasiva Rao have already made their intentions clear. The outspoken congress MP, Undavalli Arun Kumar , has resigned from the Congress Party.
Articles that might interest you:
- Vijay Deverakonda’s World Famous Lover joins Dec race?
- Rajamouli began working on Baahubali 12 years ago: Prabhas
- Omkar thanks the audience for RGG 3
- Nagarjuna to announce his new projects next month
- Khaidi’s story happens in one night- Karthi
- Taapsee gets good appreciation for her latest film