The Union Cabinet cleared the way for the formation of a separate Telangana state today. In a meeting which lasted well over two hours, the Prime Minister and his Cabinet Ministers discussed various issues and finally approved the note sent by the Union Home Ministry.
The state of Telangana will be formed with 10 districts. Hyderabad will be its capital. For the next 10 years, Hyderabad will be the joint capital of Andhra and Telangana and a separate capital will be established for the state of Andhra.
The news was greeted with joyous celebrations in Telangana areas and widespread protests in Seemandhra areas.Samaikhyandhra JAC has called for a 48 hour shutdown of the region. A host of Congress party MLA’s and MP’s are expected to resign over this issue.
Union Minister Chiranjeevi, Pallam Raju and Kavuri Sambasiva Rao have already made their intentions clear. The outspoken congress MP, Undavalli Arun Kumar , has resigned from the Congress Party.
- Poll : Which of these directors should Mahesh work with next?
- Venkatesh’s role revealed in Venky Mama
- Chitralahari will surely answer all my critics: Sai Dharam Tej
- Advantage Yatra as new releases fail to click
- Gopichand’s next to kick-start from April